20 July 2010

What not to do on a Swiss streetcar


A recent trip to Zurich found myself & two traveling companions riding the city's phenomenal tram system. Though I'm partial to Vienna and will argue its superiority in all things (including streetcars) Zurich's system is still pretty bad ass.

We noticed there were a few rules, which was alright by us. You don't get a world-class, city-covering trolley system without a few rules in place. Pretty standard stuff really. No smoking, no feet on chair. No, ummm, empty pockets? No playing guitar? Ohhhh-kay.

And no...wait a minute, what? Really? This is a problem? Alright, alright, it's your tram system Zurich. Have it your way.

No sawing the tram seats.

I suppose I can live with that.

-k.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just borrowed this picture to share with friends. This helps explain some of the bizarre pict-o-grams for the various buttons on my German car - especially the underarm hair dryer.

- Paul Phillips