Key take-aways from U2 concert at Croke park on Monday:
- No one can rock patchwork jacket like Bono.
- Not overly familiar with U2 albums since Joshua Tree. Didn't matter in least. Great show.
- U2 look old. Lent air of solidarity to show for me.
- Never been to show, big/small, stadium/club, where odor of cannabis didn't waft over as lights went down. Except in Dublin.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday played live has power to make me feel like teenager.
- Ambivalence about civilian Bono - interesting, preachy, boring, earnest. Yet on stage he turns into world's sexist man. At least for two hours.
- Being world's biggest rock n roll band probably a fun job, must look into new career path.
- Used to have big crush on Larry, now he looks as though suffering from hemorrhoids.
Set list for those who like that sort of thing:
2.No Line on the Horizon
3.Get on Your Boots
6.New Years Day
7.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Here comes the Sun (Snippet)
8.Stay (Faraway So Close)
10.The Unforgettable Fire
11.City of Blinding Lights
13.I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix), Relax(Snippet) (It says 2 tribes snippets)
14.Sunday Bloody Sunday (with rock casbah)
15.Pride (In the Name of Love)
17.Walk On, You'll Never Walk Alone (Snippet)
18.Where The Streets Have No Name, All You Need is One (Snippet)
20.40 (Snippet), Bad, Fool to Cry (Snippet)
21.Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
22.With or Without You
23.Moment of Surrender