07 September 2009

Eins, Zwei, Drei, Vier, Funf, Sechs, Sieben, Acht, Neun, Zehn, Elf....

Here are zwolf things I've done since arriving:
  1. Spent three days scrubbing everything in the kitchen down with a vinegar solution. Three days! On just the kitchen!!!
  2. Decimated 10 scrubby sponges.
  3. Fell head over heels in love with Vienna.
  4. Practiced my German.
  5. Felt like I was making progress on German until someone actually SPOKE to me at which point I turned red, stammered something unintelligible and ran away.
  6. Introduced myself to Vienna's streetcar and U-bahn: "I am your new master"
  7. Made myself a sleeping bag nest atop the musty old mattress (new mattress in the works.)
  8. Rationed hot water so Chris and I could bathe. Never mind that I have to boil water to wash dishes.
  9. Possibly hit a personal low-point by febreezing my dirty clothes in lieu of washing them. (washing machine also in the works)
  10. Café table camping. I can spend two hours drinking a cappuccino.
  11. Had my first Austrian civil service experience. Easy peasy!
  12. Washed my undies in the kitchen sink.
-k.

p.s. I would be remiss if I did not mention all the very hard work the Vienna Cherokees lacrosse team (men & women) put into getting this place into livable condition. Sure, it needs work, but by the time we arrived they had it in a thousand times better shape than they found it. I shudder to think of the size and scope of my mental breakdown had I moved into in that condition. I am in their debt (large lasagna dinner in the works.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY CHRIS AND KELLY!!!!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG. PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AND LET ME KNOW HOW EVERYTHING IS. DAN.VNS1@GMAIL.COM.
THANKS, AND I'M STILL MISSING YOU GUYS.