21 June 2007

for your Information, Illumination and Entertainment

It rains here,
a lot.
An awful lot.
In the inimitable yet lip-synched words of Milli Vanilli:
Blame it on the Rain...
(go ahead, sing it out loud - you know you WANT to)
but whatever the reason, St. Stephen's Green is the closest we've come so far to exploring the countryside. If you look at a map of Dub, you''ll notice it's right smack in the city center...so rural it's not. But it is green and pretty, and it's got this kick ass stream / bridge combo going for it so....
I like pub signs. Not smooth segues.
Whoa!? What the? Hartiwho's? Haltiwhat's? Wholigan's?

Pretty dang fitting that we spied this little beauty on Father's day.

Unfortunately it was at the end of a very very long walk, so we were anxious to get home, and did not stop in for a pint and a spot of conversation. Rest assured my fine feathered friends...that'll happen soon.

Later that night....
The Hub doing my bidding and fixing me some grub.
heh heh
The Hub fixing Grub.
I love it when I rhyme accidentally.
Mayhap I shall begin calling myself the Accidental poet?

(how's that for smooth transitioning? well, I've been called a bad transitioner by a lot better than you, ya Houligan)
The finished product.While digging in our wee kitchen for usable implements, the Hub came across this basket on top of the shelves. It even still had a tag on it. Score!!! Got my first basket!!!!

One down, 57 more to go.

Chris is thrilled.

I know this post is rather disjointed and scattered and I can only say in my own defense, that that's how I am also feeling at this moment. So there.

-k.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being frazzled is O.K. go with it, it seems to be working for you guys right now. At some point things will settle down and you will both be in some sort of schedule.
-Kristine (I actually dont have to do this anonymous, but I forgot my password and dont feel like looking it up)ha ha Trying to pack for camping out east for the next 3 days. Nothing like last minute.

Colleen said...

Before reading your post but viewing the pictures I thought, oh my god she stuffed a basket in her luggage. I was laughing pretty hard.

Becky said...

Blame on the stars....that shine at night...whatever you do, don't put the blame on you......

I got the other 57 baskets!! And the rest of your belongings!!

Other day someone came to my place and was raving about my furniture...I told them how I got it and they go..."dang, they have good taste!"

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were going to have basket withdrawel---
I have plenty in my pad that you can tisket and tasket with when I see you in October.....
love you
Pattie